20.12.11

so I keep remembering that I have blogs various places and ton I update them every once in a while but not often enough to justify having so many. I've mostly moved on to microblogging sites like Tumblr and Twitter and now I'm on Facebook AND Google+ AND Path and it's kind of silly to still have my Secret Blog and my Blogger blogs and my LiveJournal which is really just a glorified rss feed aggregator these days. but yet I have them. it's even more pointless since most of them have absolutely zero readership so pretty much every blog I have is a secret or at least it's just me yelling in an empty room. kinda pointless. oh well. maybe one day I'll consolidate, settle on one kind of publishing and stick to it. maybe I'll find some way to become relevant and actually gain followers. it's doubtful, but who knows.

so far as actual content... as per the norm on these 'first post in forever' posts, I suppose it's time for a life update. since we last joined our heroine, she has moved from Starkville to Huntsville, and is greatly enjoying life in the Rocket City. I got a job working as a Space Camp counselor, aka crew trainer, and it's been... challenging, but rewarding. I met an amazing guy named Jacob whom I dearly love and we're planning to get married next year. we have a cute and fuzzy brat of a cat named Garnet, and we're hoping to find a place to live soon. my personal life aside from that has had a few rough patches lately, mainly thanks to a certain ex of mine screwing around with my head and being his typical douchey self before disappearing into oblivion once more. yes, I am still somewhat messed up over Keni. now, though, it's more that I'm mourning our friendship, because I miss it and he used to be such a good friend and now that I'm running low on friends I could use him around. but despite him saying he wanted to try to be friends again, he fails at it spectacularly and so I just give up. but I miss what we had. thankfully, Jacob is wonderful and amazing and makes me feel special. it's nice, after having such an emotionally damaging relationship with Keni, to be with someone who makes me feel good about myself and actually supports me no matter what. I still hate the thought of Keni being with that cow, but whatever. not my concern anymore.

I'm really excited because it's almost Christmas! basically my favorite time of year. plus since I'm a temporary worker, I get a week of layoff every so often, and my layoff week is this week... perfect timing :) I hope I get to see my friends over break. I could SERIOUSLY use some girl time!

No comments: